As many as one in four people will experience some form of mental illness at some point in their lives. Mental health problems range from reactions to normal life events, such as bereavement and relationship breakdowns and depression, to more complex conditions such as schizophrenia. To find out about the support available in Brent click here.
Mental health services in Brent are provided by Central North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL).
The services they provide include:
- Specialist inpatient and community-based treatment for people experiencing acute mental illness
- Help for children and young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties
- Specialist care for people with learning disabilities, both inpatient and day services
- Support for people with problems associated with drug and alcohol misuse and eating disorders
- Support for individuals with low to moderate depression or phobias
Find out more about CNWL and their services by visiting their website here or calling 020 3214 5700.