Brent CCG intends to plan and buy services that improve the health and wellbeing of all patients registered with its member GP practices, as well as unregistered residents in the borough. We will do this by securing sustainable health care that enables patients to receive modern, responsive and high quality care, as well as being cost effective and commissioned within the CCG’s financial resource limits.
It is Brent CCG’s aspiration to reduce health inequalities within the communities that make up Brent’s diverse population.
As a CCG we have a clear vision for delivering better care closer to home in Brent. Each year we publish Commissioning Intentions, a document which sets out our priorities and outcomes for the year, and the services we intend to commission in order to achieve them.
Our priorities for 2018/19:
- Improve health and the wellbeing of our local populations. Championing self-care and engaging with and supporting people to look after themselves can help to avoid further escalation to health and/or social care services.
- Improve the management of long-term conditions, eliminating unwarranted variation and developing an improved primary care work-force and estate to service this population of patients.
- Improve outcomes for children and adults with mental health needs.
- Achieve better outcomes and patient experience for older people - improving emergency and urgent care pathways and ensuring we maintain our A&E targets.
- Ensure that the system has the capacity and capability to deliver safe, high quality sustainable services and address the workforce challenges we face particularly in primary and community care.