If you need to get access to a GP out of surgery hours you should firstly call your GP practice who will be able to provide you with the contact number for their Out of Hours service.
You should use the NHS 111 Service if:
- For less urgent health needs, you should still contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- You think you may need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
- You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.