Brent CCG works routinely with partners in the Voluntary Sector commissioning services from them, partnering in engagement, shaping and influencing service commissioning.
Brent Carers Centre
The ‘GP Identifying Carers’ was the Carers Prescription Scheme. We were awarded £1,800 by NHS England to develop and produce a Carers Prescription Scheme which would be disseminated to a range of key health professionals we work in partnership with, this includes GP’s, Reablement Service, Memory Clinic, Discharge Service etc. The Scheme acts as a reminder to GP’s & health professionals to:
- Identify carers who may not realise they are carers;
- Update & accurately maintain your GP’s carers register; &
- Signpost carers to a holistic range of carer relevant advice, information and support services.
Take up is increasing across the borough, but we would like to see every GP & Health practitioner with a Carers Prescription Scheme on their desk. Its free, we arrange delivery or you can collect. We offer free briefing sessions to health professionals as well as Information Session to Patient/carer group. Call 020 3802 7070 for more info.
Voluntary Sector representation on CCG Committees and Boards and working in commissioning areas
- Brent Equality, Engagement and Self-Care sub-committee
- Integrated Care Patnership
- End of life Care Steering Group
- Diabetes Action Group
- The Advocacy Project (Learning Disabilities)
- Brent User Group (mental health)
- Ashford Place (mental health)
- Integral to development of the Brent WISC (Whole Systems Integrated Care) programme
- Brent CCG Self-care steering group
- Social Prescribing Steering Group