Patients are at the heart of everything we do at Brent CCG. We make decisions about health and care services informed by the feedback from local people, patient experience, and involvement of patient representatives on committees and the Governing Body. The CCG works closely with partners on the Brent Equality, Engagement and Self-Care Committee (BEES) to deliver engagement across the borough. In 2019 our Senior Management Team, Clinical Directors and Heads of Departments underwent training on involving the public through engagement and consultation training. Our patient representatives have also had training created by Healthwatch in partnership with the CCG and receive information on training and coaching opportunities offered by NHS England.
We have carried out far reaching engagement on the Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP). View all documents here.
It is our priority to ensure that everyone in Brent can have their say on the decisions we make. We partner closely with Healthwatch Brent and Brent CVS, who are represented at strategic boards and working groups in the CCG. Visit our Community Engagement Calendar for upcoming events.
There are a number of other ways you can get involved with the CCG:
- Find us on Facebook and Twitter
- Join a patient participation group (PPG)
- Come to our Health Partners Forum
- Join the Primary Care Patient Forum
- Attend our Governing Body meetings held in public (advance questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.) See Governing Body papers here
- Become a Patient Representative (on a committee)
- Become a Lay Representive (on a procurement panel, steering group or board)
- Visit our engagement callendar for details of the latest Outreach events
- Complete our surveys
- Sign up for the BEES Community Engagement Bulletin
- For any of these email email@example.com
We regularly run targeted workshops, outreach, appoint patient representatives to formal committees and conduct surveys etc. These are advertised on our website, local newspapers and via our partners. We also publish details of national consultations that you may like to share your opinion on.
Our Reports summarising how we involve people in commissioning can be found at the links below:
Please see our PPI annual report setting out the ways in which we have involved local people in commissioning.